Monday, March 23, 2015

Favorite Director

So I have thought for years that my favorite director was Christopher Nolan. He has been very successful in the last decade or so and has become a huge name in Hollywood. His films are epic with great storylines and visuals. 


However, as I did more research as to quantity of films I generally like, the answer came to be Steven Spielberg as the winner. Probably the most successful and famous director/producer, Spielberg has created a multitude of "classic" films that are generally loved by the public. Not only that, but as I researched more, he has produced over 150 pieces, written over 21 stories and screenplays and has been credited as a director for over 53 films/shorts/series. For example, I had no idea he wrote the story for The Goonies, or that he directed The Color Purple and Hook. He was a producer for the Band of Brothers series that I love, and was an executive producer for the Back to the Future series among other commonly known pieces of work. He has had his hits and misses, but as a whole has created a lot of classics that I grew up with. I also appreciate that he has been diverse in his career, dabbling in different aspects of film production even including editing. Fun fact, after being rejected twice from USC's film school, in 1996 after achieving fame, they awarded him an honorary degree and made him a trustee. He didn't finish his actual degree until 2002, 35 years after starting college.

No comments:

Post a Comment